U.S. DIPLOMATIC MISSION TO SOUTH AFRICA
Message for U.S. Citizens
Town Hall for U.S. Citizens with Chargé d’Affaires Jessye Lapenn, March 15, 2018
The U.S. Consulate General in Johannesburg is pleased to invite all U.S. citizens in Gauteng, Northwest, Mpumalanga, Limpopo and Free State to a Town Hall event with the U.S. Chargé d’Affaires to the Republic of South Africa, Jessye Lapenn.
The Town Hall will take place on March 15, 2018 from 6-7pm at the U.S. Consulate General in Johannesburg at 1 Sandton Drive, Sandton.
WHO can come? Any U.S. citizen with a U.S. passport currently visiting or residing within the U.S. Consulate’s district (Gauteng, Northwest, Mpumalanga, Limpopo and Free State). Your RSVP is essential (instructions below).
WHAT will be discussed? Voter registration for the 2018 U.S. elections, Smart Traveler Enrolment Program (STEP) registration, safety and security, consular services, and other topics affecting the lives of U.S. citizens in South Africa. Chargé d’Affaires Lapenn will also host a Q&A.
HOW do I sign up? Your RSVP is essential. Please send your RSVP no later than March 9, 2018 to email@example.com and include the following information:
- Name and passport number of the U.S. citizen attending;
- Any questions that you would like the Chargé to address;
- On the night of the Town Hall, please bring your passport and arrive no later than 5:30 p.m. to make time to get through security. Please leave all valuables and electronics (including cell phones) at home as they will not be allowed into the Consulate.
- Please note that there is no public parking available at the Consulate. Parking is available at the Sandton City Mall across the street.
PLEASE NOTE: There will be no press at this event. Similar events will be held in the Durban and Cape Town consular districts. For more information about those events, please contact the U.S. Consulates General in either Durban or Cape Town (contact information is posted below).
Questions? Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For Further Assistance:
- United States Embassy to the Republic of South Africa
(Note: The Embassy does not provide consular services)
877 Pretorius Street
Tel: 012-431-4000 (outside South Africa: +27-12-431-4000)
- United States Consulate General, Johannesburg
(Covering Gauteng, Mpumalanga, Limpopo, North West, and Free State provinces)
1 Sandton Drive (corner of Rivonia and Sandton Drive)
Tel: 011-290-3000 (outside South Africa: +27-11-290-3000)
After-hours emergencies: 079-111-1684 (outside South Africa: +27-79-111-1684)
- United States Consulate General, Durban
(Covering KwaZulu-Natal Province)
Delta Towers, 31st floor
303 Dr. Pixley KaSeme Street
Tel: 031-305-7600 (outside South Africa +27-31-305-7600)
After-hours emergencies: 079-111-1445 (outside South Africa +27-79-111-1445)
- United States Consulate General, Cape Town
(Covering Western Cape, Eastern Cape, and Northern Cape provinces)
2 Reddam Avenue
Tokai, Cape Town
Tel: 021-702-7300 (outside South Africa: +27 21-702-7300)
After-hours emergencies: 079-111-0391 (outside South Africa: +27-79-111-0391)
- State Department – Consular Affairs
1-888-407-4747 or 1-202-501-4444
- South Africa Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter