Message for U.S. Citizens
Town Hall for U.S. Citizens with Ambassador Patrick Gaspard, March 9, 2016
February 25, 2016
The U.S. Consulate General in Johannesburg is pleased to invite all U.S. citizens in Gauteng, Northwest, Mpumalanga, Limpopo and Free State to a Town Hall event with the U.S. Ambassador to the Republic of South Africa, Patrick Gaspard.
The Town Hall will take place on March 9, 2016 from 6-7pm in Midrand.
WHO can come? Any U.S. citizen with a U.S. passport currently visiting or residing within the U.S. Consulate’s district (Gauteng, Northwest, Mpumalanga, Limpopo and Free State). Spouses of U.S. citizens and parents of U.S. citizens under age 18 are also welcome to attend. Your RSVP is essential (instructions below).
WHAT will be discussed? Voter registration for the 2016 U.S. elections, Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) registration, safety and security, and many other topics affecting the lives of U.S. citizens in South Africa. Ambassador Gaspard will also host a Q&A.
HOW do I sign up? Your RSVP is essential. Please send your RSVP to email@example.com and include the following information:
- Names of everyone attending;
- US passport number(s) of the U.S. citizen(s) attending;
- Passport number of any non-citizens attending, and their relationship to the U.S. citizen(s).
- On the night of the Town Hall, please bring your passport and arrive no later than 5:15 p.m. to make time to get through security.
PLEASE NOTE: There will be no press at this event. Similar events will be held in the Durban and Capetown consular districts. For more information about those events, please contact the U.S. Consulates General in either Durban or Capetown (contact information is posted below).
Questions? Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- See the State Department’s travel website for the Worldwide Caution, Travel Warnings, Travel Alerts, and Country Specific Information for South Africa.
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP)to receive security messages and make it easier to locate you in an emergency.
- The U.S. Embassy in Pretoria and U.S. Consulate Generals in Johannesburg, Cape Town, and Durban are located at the addresses below. The U.S. Embassy in Pretoria does not have a consular section and does not provide consular services to U.S. citizens.
- Call 1-888-407-4747 toll-free in the United States and Canada or 1-202-501-4444 from other countries from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time, Monday through Friday (except U.S. federal holidays).
- Follow us on Twitter and Facebook.
United States Embassy to the Republic of South Africa
(Note: The Embassy does not provide consular services)
877 Pretorius Street
Tel: 012-431-4000 (outside South Africa: +27-12-431-4000)
United States Consulate General, Johannesburg
(Covering Gauteng, Mpumalanga, Limpopo, North West, and Free State provinces)
1 Sandton Drive (corner of Rivonia and Sandton Drive)
Tel: 011-290-3000 (outside South Africa: +27-11-290-3000)
After-hours emergencies: 079-111-1684 (outside South Africa: +27-79-111-1684)
United States Consulate General, Durban
(Covering KwaZulu-Natal Province)
Delta Towers, 31st floor
303 Dr. Pixley KaSeme Street
Tel: 031-305-7600 (outside South Africa +27-31-305-7600)
After-hours emergencies: 079-111-1445 (outside South Africa +27-79-111-1445)
United States Consulate General, Cape Town
(Covering Western Cape, Eastern Cape, and Northern Cape provinces)
2 Reddam Avenue
Tokai, Cape Town
Tel: 021-702-7300 (outside South Africa: +27 21-702-7300)
After-hours emergencies: 079-111-0391 (outside South Africa: +27-79-111-0391)