The U.S. Consulate Cape Town, South Africa is requesting quotes from qualified vendors in the Generator Monitoring system industry with a minimum of 5 years’ experience for the supply of a GSM standby generator monitoring system or similar as follows.
- Generator Monitoring units – Quantity 20
- The system must be able to monitor generator supply voltage 3 Phase
- Generator Status – Running / Stopped / Tripped
- Generator Fuel Tank level – this will require the installation of level probes
- Coolant Temperature – this may require the installation of temperature sensors
- Supply of an interface platform that will enable a user to see the status of any of the generators connected to the platform. This must be expandable.
- Commissioning of the entire system.
- Training of staff.
- The solution must utilize at least 4G broadband cellular network technology.
- The quote must include the cost of a twelve-month warranty on all workmanship and hardware supplied.
- A breakdown of ongoing maintenance costs after the expiry of the twelve-month warranty period is required.
- Contract Details. The purpose of this request for proposal is to award a purchase order to the qualified vendor who provides a proposal that credibly addresses the requirements identified in the description above and is the lowest priced of all technically acceptable offers. The Government may award the contract based on the initial offer without discussion. All quotes must include full device and accessories specifications as listed above and ETA for delivery from date of receiving an order.
- Interested Vendors. All those interested should submit their quotes via email to the Procurement Staff at the U.S. Consulate General in Cape Town. For those vendors unable to send the proposal electronically, see Contact Information box at the bottom of the page. Only qualified vendors from who we’ve received proposals on or before the RESPOND BY DATE* will be considered.
- Payment terms. The U.S. Consulate will make no provision for fluctuations in price or exchange rates after the order has been placed. If your price is dependent on these fluctuations, you MUST make provision for possible increases in your quoted price. Payment will be made via EFT into the company’s bank account, within 30 days of delivery of goods/services and receipt of proper Invoice, not before. By submitting a Quotation, vendors are agreeing to waive any of their own company’s payment terms that contradict with those of the U.S. Government.
*Note: No advanced/deposit payments permitted.
- Vendor Registration. To receive awards totaling $30,000.00 or above, all contractors must be registered in the U.S. Government’s System for Award Management (SAM) Database* prior to contract award, pursuant to the U.S. Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) provision 52.204-7. For awards totaling $25,000.00, all contractors must ensure that they obtain a Unique entity ID. Prospective offerors are highly encouraged to register in SAM prior to submitting a proposal as they will not be eligible for the award until they have successfully registered and would therefore be deemed technically unacceptable and thus disqualified.
SAM Registration Website: https://www.SAM.Gov
Registration Quick Guide: https://www.fsd.gov/sys_attachment.do?sys_id=99a2fa061b0bcd500ca4a97ae54bcb12
*Note: Procurement Staff will send a confirmation of your request within 4 business days of receipt. If you do not receive a confirmation, you must assume your request was not received, and are encouraged to send the message again, and follow-up with a call to the Procurement Staff (on/before the deadline) to ensure your request is received.
Contact Information – U.S. Consulate General Procurement Section
Procurement Agent: Natheer Ford Contracting Officer: William Styron
email: Fordn@state.gov Telephone: +27 (0)21-702-7300
U.S. Consulate General
ATTN: GSO Procurement
PostNet Suite 50
Private Bag X26, Tokai 7966