The U.S Embassy (Centers for Disease control and prevention) in Pretoria, South Africa is soliciting quotations for the rental of office shredders as per SOW below, for a total of 36 months (base year period of 12 months with an option to renew for a further 24 months).
Quote reference number: PR11663058 – Michelle
Scope of Work:
3 x Shredders
- Commercial use in an office for 10 users or more
- Shreds 38 – 40 sheets of paper per pass in 5.8mm strips
- Security Level – P2.
- 100% Jam proof
- 405mm Paper entry with continuous duty motor for non-stop shredding
- SafeSense Technology – Stops when hands touch paper entry
- Sheds Staples, credit cards, paper clips
- Energy Savings system – powers off after period of inactivity
- 140Litre Removable bin, with LED indicator when bin is full
The following documents are attached to this email and need to be signed when submitting your quotations:
- NDAA Document (if not previously submitted). Explanation of this document is below.
- US Government Clauses
- If you wish to quote for this opportunity, kindly please be advised you will need to register with SAM and include a copy of your SAM registration together with your quotation. In the event that your SAM registration is not fully approved by the deadline date of this RFQ you must provide proof that you have started your registration process however note that the actual award can only be made once your full SAM registration confirmation has been received.. Instructions for the registration process is attached.
- Herewith also please find a link for a short video on registering with SAM – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n-aB763ohe8
Firm fixed pricing is to be quoted.
Quotes to be completed on the company letterhead, indicating the company’s address, contact details and name and email of the contact person.
No alterations or pricing changes will be accepted after the Quotation deadline.
Please quote in South African Rand (ZAR)
Closing date and time for receiving quotes is 17:00, July 27, 2023 (kindly be advised that NO late quotes will be accepted).
Quotes must be sent via email to: Pretoria_contracting_officefirstname.lastname@example.org
U.S Government Payment terms:
- Note that NO DEPOSIT payments will be authorized.
- The Embassy issues only fixed priced contracts; therefore, you must confirm that your prices will remain fixed. The US Embassy will make no provision for fluctuations in price or exchange rates after the order has been placed. If your price is dependent on these fluctuations, you MUST make provision for possible increases in your quoted price.
- EFT – Payment will be made within 30 calendar days after delivery of services AND receipt of invoice, whichever is later.
Kindly be advised that as a Diplomatic Mission we represent the U.S. Government are unable to sign any legal documents, including credit applications and T’s & C’s. By submitting a quote, you waiver any such requirement.
U.S. National Defense Authorization Act (NDAA) Section 889(a)(1)(B)
The US Government’s Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) has been updated with new clauses and provisions, per the National Defense Authorization Act (NDAA) Section 889(a)(1)(B), that impact the U.S. Government entering new or extending current contracts, purchase orders, task/delivery orders, purchase card orders, petty cash purchases, Blanket Purchase Agreement or any other acquisition method. These newly introduced FAR clauses will have impact on any acquisition made by the U.S. Government no matter the acquisition value.
We kindly request you to read FAR clause 52.204-25 (PROHIBITION ON CONTRACTING FOR CERTAIN TELECOMMUNICATIONS AND VIDEO SURVEILLANCE SERVICES OR EQUIPMENT (AUG 2020)) carefully and complete the following FAR Provision 52.204-24 (REPRESENTATION REGARDING CERTAIN TELECOMMUNICATIONS AND VIDEO SURVEILLANCE SERVICES OR EQUIPMENT (AUG 2020)) and 52.204-26 (COVERED TELECOMMUNICATIONS EQUIPMENT OR SERVICES-REPRESENTATION (DEC 2019)) on the enclosed form.
Additional information about covered telecommunication equipment or services you may find in FAR subpart 4.21 on the following internet site: https://www.acquisition.gov/content/part-4-administrative-and-information-matters#id19899A00RSK
There are several terms and phrases in Section 889 with which you must be familiar. These are described in 52.204.25(a).
Exclusions are described in clause 52.204.25(c). Complete page 1 and tick the applicable boxes on pages 2 and 4.