The US Consulate in Johannesburg is requesting quotes for:
Provision of French Language Media Consultant services:
The duties of the Assistant/Consultant will include, but not limited to:
- Assist AF Media Hub in identifying Francophone media in Africa and updating our database of Francophone media contacts.
- Edit and adapt State Department videos and tweets as necessary under guidance of Foreign-based Media Assistant.
- Monitor French language news and social media in Africa.
- Work with Foreign-based Media Assistant to create a social media strategy for USAenFrancais in line with goals of Global Public Affairs Bureau.
- Draft media narratives on Anglophone and Francophone Africa as needed.
- Back up Foreign-based French Language Media Assistant as needed.
- The request is for 500 annual hours
Preferred candidates should have:
- Native-level and strong French speaking, writing and reading skills
- Good English writing skills
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Strong editing skills
- Good knowledge of Francophone media landscape in Africa.
Quoted prices MUST be fixed for the project. The US Embassy will make no provision for fluctuations in price for any reason whatsoever. All quotations must be submitted on a company letterhead, indicating the company’s address, contact details and name and email of the contact person.
If you are a VAT registered company, your VAT number must appear on your quotation and a 15% VAT charge must be indicated on your quote.
If you are a NON VAT company, please indicate in your price that VAT IS NOT APPLICABLE.
For queries send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
U.S Embassy payment terms:
- An EFT will be made into the company’s bank account, within 30 days after receipt of goods and proper invoice.
- Advance payments are not authorized.
- By submitting a quotation you are agreeing to waiver any payment terms that may be in contrast to the above.
The winning bidder must be registered in the SAM database (additional info will be sent to the awarded contractor)