The request for proposals for the provision of One (1) New Bus.
General Summary of Supplies Required.
The U.S. Consulate Cape Town, South Africa is requesting quotes for the provision of ONE (1) New Bus similar to a Mercedes-Benz MB 517 CDI Sprinter PV Long MY22 or equivalent delivered to the U.S. Consulate General Cape Town, 2 Reddam Avenue, Westlake, 7495.
- Minimum Specifications. The following minimum requirements must be met: Ex-Bonded Purchase (to excl MIDP duty Tax & Ad Valorum (Diplomatic vehicle). The Embassy requires the vehicle to be delivered from date of order; 3 months max to the US Consulate in Cape Town.
- Chassis: Long Wheel Base
- Engine & fuel: 1950cc, Diesel Fuel.
- Transmission: Semi-Auto.
- Doors & Seats: 5 Doors, 16 Reclining Bus Seats, Right Hand Drive
- Accessories: Airconditioning, USB charging capability and any connection acceptable such as Bluetooth Keys: Extra set of keys- In addition to spare provided.
- Airbags: Driver, Co-driver
- Braking: ABS, Anti-locking braking system
- Exterior Colour: Arctic White
- Interior: Durable and dark colors
- Security: Anti-theft alarm, central locking and remote entry systems, Power locks and windows.
- For Custom Bonded purchase; Price must exclude MIDP duty and Ad Valorem. The Embassy will provide a Certificate A for custom duties.
- 360o Camera
- Backup Alarm
- Crosswind Assist
- Active Brake Assist
- Lane Keeping Assist
- Smash & Grab film fitted on all windows with maximum tint of 35%, or similar
- Microdot (DataDot) installed.
- Automatic Door Locks
- Hill assist
- Maintenance Plan: 5 Years / 100 000km, or better
- Warranty: 2 Years / 120 000km, or better on vehicle
- Quoted price should include Road Worthiness Certificate / on-the-road costs
- Quoted price should include 21 Day South African Road Permit (permit allows the vehicle to be transported from Dealership to Embassy without registration documents) prior to the full Diplomatic registration and licensing that is done by the Embassy via Foreign Affairs (DIRCO).
- Quoted price should include delivery costs
- Quoted price should include CO2 emissions tax
- Quoted price should include anticipated vehicle increases
- Quoted price should include MIDP duty and Ad Valorem (diplomatic vehicle, US Embassy will provide a Certificate A for custom duties exemption)
- Contract Details. The purpose of this request for proposal is to award a purchase order to the qualified vendor who provides a proposal that credibly addresses the requirements identified in the description above and is the lowest priced of all technically acceptable offers. The Government may award the contract based on the initial offer without discussion. All quotes must include full description of product and all delivery costs as listed above and ETA for delivery from date of receiving an order.
- Interested Vendors. All those interested should submit their quotes via email to the Procurement Staff at the U.S. Consulate General in Cape Town. For those vendors unable to send the proposal electronically, see Contact Information box at the bottom of the page. Only qualified vendors from who we’ve received proposals on or before the RESPOND BY DATE* will be considered.
- Payment terms. The U.S. Consulate will make no provision for fluctuations in price or exchange rates after the order has been placed. If your price is dependent on these fluctuations, you MUST make provision for possible increases in your quoted price. Payment will be made via EFT into the company’s bank account, within 30 days of delivery of goods/services and receipt of proper Invoice, not before. By submitting a Quotation, vendors are agreeing to waive any of their own company’s payment terms that contradict with those of the U.S. Government.
*Note: No advanced/deposit payments permitted.
- Vendor Registration. All contractors must be registered in the U.S Government’s System for Award Management (SAM) Database at time of proposal submission pursuant to the U.S Federal Acquisition regulation (FAR) provision 52.204-7. Prospective offerors are highly encouraged to register and/or update any lapse in registration at SAM.gov immediately if interested in submitting an offer to this upcoming solicitation. Any offeror not registered at time of proposal submission is subject to immediate disqualification. Vendors are encouraged to start the process by watching the Entity registration guide videos in the Knowledge base on the SAM.gov website in order to familiarize themselves with the process and the required documentation prior to starting the registration process as this will help prevent confusion which would normally result in common mistakes and ultimately delaying the registration process.
SAM Registration Website: https://www.SAM.Gov
Registration Quick Guide: https://www.fsd.gov/sys_attachment.do?sys_id=99a2fa061b0bcd500ca4a97ae54bcb12
SAM.gov Knowledge Base: https://www.fsd.gov/gsafsd_sp?id=gsa_kb_view2&kb_id=f66d8e6cdb76d4100d73f81d0f9619c6
*Note: Procurement Staff will send a confirmation of your request within 4 business days of receipt. If you do not receive a confirmation, you must assume your request was not received, and are encouraged to send the message again, and follow-up with a call to the Procurement Staff (on/before the deadline) to ensure your request is received.
|U.S. Consulate General
ATTN: GSO Procurement
PostNet Suite 50
Private Bag X26, Tokai 7966
|Contact Information – U.S. Consulate General Procurement Section
Procurement Agent: Natheer Ford Contracting Officer: William Styron