U.S. DIPLOMATIC MISSION TO SOUTH AFRICA
Message for U.S. Citizens: Internal Revenue Service Webinar Announcement
9 June 2016
The U.S. Diplomatic Mission to South Africa wishes to inform U.S. citizens that the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) will host a webinar “Foreign Earned Income for U.S. Overseas Taxpayers” on June 29, 2016, 2:00-3:00 p.m. EDT.
To register and attend this webinar, use the Foreign Earned Income for U.S. Overseas Taxpayers or https://www.webcaster4.com/Webcast/Page/445/1541 webinar link. Attendees should log in 10 minutes prior to the start time. The session will be recorded and made available at a later time on IRSvideos.gov or click on this link: http://ca.m.state.sbu/sites/clearance/OCSClearanceQueue/Lists/Clearances/Attachments/985/irsvideos.gov.
The webinar will cover:
- Requirements for claiming the foreign income exclusion
- Identifying which form to use: Form 2555 or 2555-EZ
- Specifying information to include on Form 2555 or 2555-EZ
- Live Q&A with IRS subject matter experts.
As a reminder, U.S. embassies and consulates cannot mail tax returns on behalf of private U.S. taxpayers living abroad through the diplomatic pouch or other Department of State facilities.
For further information:
- See the State Department’s travel website for the Worldwide Caution, Travel Warnings, Travel Alerts, and Country Specific Information for South Africa.
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP)to receive security messages and make it easier to locate you in an emergency.
- The U.S. Embassy in Pretoria and U.S. Consulate Generals in Johannesburg, Cape Town, and Durban are located at the addresses below. The U.S. Embassy in Pretoria does not have a consular section and does not provide consular services to U.S. citizens.
- Call 1-888-407-4747 toll-free in the United States and Canada or 1-202-501-4444 from other countries from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time, Monday through Friday (except U.S. federal holidays).
- Follow us on Twitterand Facebook.
United States Embassy to the Republic of South Africa
(Note: The Embassy does not provide consular services)
877 Pretorius Street
United States Consulate General, Johannesburg
(Covering Gauteng, Mpumalanga, Limpopo, North West, and Free State provinces)
1 Sandton Drive (corner of Rivonia and Sandton Drive)
Tel: 011-290-3000 (outside South Africa: +27-11-290-3000)
After-hours emergencies: 079-111-1684 (outside South Africa: +27-79-111-1684)
United States Consulate General, Durban
(Covering KwaZulu-Natal Province)
Delta Towers, 31st floor
303 Dr. Pixley KaSeme Street
Tel: 031-305-7600 (outside South Africa +27-31-305-7600)
After-hours emergencies: 079-111-1445 (outside South Africa +27-79-111-1445)
United States Consulate General, Cape Town
(Covering Western Cape, Eastern Cape, and Northern Cape provinces)
2 Reddam Avenue
Tokai, Cape Town
Tel: 021-702-7300 (outside South Africa: +27 21-702-7300)
After-hours emergencies: 079-111-0391 (outside South Africa: +27-79-111-0391)
Note: The timestamp on this e-mail message may reflect Washington, D.C., time, which may differ from local time.