Message for U.S. Citizens: Hotels Accepting New Reservations (March 28, 2020)
We understand many guesthouses and hotels are closing or have already closed during the 21-day lockdown. We’d like to share the following list of hotels who have contacted us and are still accepting new reservations at this time:
1. Bannister Hotel – Address: 9 de Beer Street, Phone: 011 403 6888 / 7888
2. The Capital On The Park – The Capital Hotels Address: 101 Katherine St, Sandown, Sandton, 2031 Phone: 010 443 0000
3. The Capital Empire – The Capital Hotels Address: 177 Empire Pl, Sandhurst, Sandton, 2196 Phone: 011 911 5000
4. The Capital 20 West – The Capital Hotels Address: 20 W Rd S, Morningside, Sandton, 2057 Phone: 011 290 9600
5. The Capital On Bath - Address: 72 Bath Ave, Rosebank, Johannesburg, 2196, South Africa Phone: +27 11 340 0000
6. The Capital Melrose – The Capital Hotels Address: Oaklands road, cnr, Kernick Ave, Melrose North, Johannesburg, 2196 Phone: 010 601 2000
7. The Capital Menlyn Maine - Address: 194 Bancor Ave, Menlyn, Pretoria, 0010, South Africa Phone: +27 12 942 5000
8. The Capital Mirage - 40 Chiappini St, De Waterkant, Cape Town, 8001, South Africa Phone: +27 21 200 5100
9. Radisson Blu Hotel & Residence, Cape Town Address: 22 Riebeek St, Cape Town City Centre, Cape Town, 8000, South Africa Phone: +27 21 467 4000
10. Radisson Blu Hotel Waterfront, Cape Town 100 ach Road, Granger Bay Blvd, Cape Town, 8001, South Africa Phone: +27 21 441 3000
11. The Capital Pearls Address: 6 Lagoon Drive, Umhlanga, 4320, Umhlanga, 4320 Phone: 031 945 0000
However, we can’t guarantee full-service at these locations. Many are offering lodging but will not offer food service.
If you are a U.S. citizen wishing to depart South Africa and return to the United States, and you have not already completed the evacuation interest form, please complete and submit it as soon as possible for each member of your traveling party. We are placing that information in our database so that we can follow up with you as soon as we have details to share. Do note that the link is sensitive to firewalls and internet browsers so please try different browsers. Email us at SAevacuation@state.gov if you cannot successfully submit the form.
If you have not done so already, we strongly encourage you to register in our Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) so that you do not miss out on any future announcements and updates we provide to the American Citizen community. Please check your junk and/or spam folders for any messages from STEP.