Location: South Africa, countrywide
Event: On June 23, 2022, the Government of South Africa announced that the remaining COVID-19 regulations have been repealed. Masks are no longer required indoors in public settings. Travelers entering South Africa are no longer required to produce vaccination certificates or recent negative PCR tests.
Actions to Take:
· Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive updates.
- United States Embassy to the Republic of South Africahttps://za.usembassy.gov/Facebook: www.facebook.com/USEmbassySA/ (Note: The Embassy does not provide consular services.) 877 Pretorius Street, Arcadia, Pretoria Tel: 012-431-4000 (outside South Africa: +27-12-431-4000)
- United States Consulate General, Johannesburghttps://za.usembassy.gov/embassy-consulates/johannesburg/ (Covering Gauteng, Mpumalanga, Limpopo, North West, and Free State provinces) 1 Sandton Drive, Sandhurst, Johannesburg ACSJohannesburg@state.gov Tel: 011-290-3000 (outside South Africa: +27-11-290-3000)
- United States Consulate General, Durbanhttps://za.usembassy.gov/embassy-consulates/durban/ (Covering KwaZulu-Natal Province) Delta Towers, 31st floor, 303 Dr. Pixley KaSeme Street DurbanAmericans@state.gov Tel: 031-305-7600 (outside South Africa +27-31-305-7600)
- United States Consulate General, Cape Town https://za.usembassy.gov/embassy-consulates/capetown/Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/USConsulateCT/ (Covering Western Cape, Eastern Cape, and Northern Cape provinces) 2 Reddam Avenue, Tokai, Cape Town AmericansCapeTown@state.gov Tel: 021-702-7300 (outside South Africa: +27 21-702-7300)