U.S. Consulate-General Johannesburg PAS Annual Program Statement
|Funding Opportunity Title:||U.S. Consulate-General Johannesburg PAS Annual Program Statement|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||DOS-JHB-202001|
|Announcement Type:||Cooperative Agreement, Grant, Award to Individual|
|CFDA Number:||19.040 – Public Diplomacy Programs|
|Deadline for applications:||August 5, 2020|
|Download||U.S. Consulate-General Johannesburg PAS Annual Program Statement (PDF 237KB)|
The U.S. Consulate-General Johannesburg Public Affairs Section (PAS/JHB) of the U.S. Department of State is pleased to announce that funding is available through its Public Diplomacy Small Grants Program. This is an Annual Program Statement, outlining our funding priorities, strategic themes, and the procedures for submitting requests for funding. Please carefully follow all instructions below.
Purpose: PAS Johannesburg invites proposals for programs that strengthen cultural ties between the U.S. and South Africa through cultural and exchange programming that highlights shared values and promotes bilateral cooperation. All programs must include an American cultural element, or connection with American expert/s, organization/s, or institution/s in a specific field that will promote increased understanding of U.S. policy and perspectives..
Examples of past PAS Small Grants Program programs include:
- Academic and professional lectures, seminars and speaker programs;
- Artistic and cultural workshops, joint performances and exhibitions;
- Professional and academic exchanges and projects;
- Professional development workshops and training.
Priority Program Areas:
Through the FY2020 Public Diplomacy Small Grants Program, PAS will support:
- Women entrepreneurs (particularly in the agricultural, creative and technology sectors)
- Educational programs encouraging youth to explore STEM fields
- Programs that develop or strengthen linkages between U.S. and South African universities
- Programs that strengthen USG exchange alumni networks
- Programs that address the issues of gender-based violence, HIV/AIDS awareness and xenophobia
Please read the full announcement before submitting an application. Applications should be submitted by email to JohannesburgGrants@state.gov.