Location: Durban, South Africa
Event: A large scale demonstration is expected to take place in the Durban central business district on Thursday, October 26, 2023. The protest is expected to commence at King Dinuzulu Park and end at the U.S. Consulate General in Durban.
The Consulate reminds all U.S. citizens to:
- Avoid demonstrations and use vigilance during your movements around the country. Even events intended to be peaceful can become violent.
- Maintain caution in areas frequented by foreigners.
- Monitor news and Alerts.
U.S. Consulate General Durban
303 Dr. Pixley KaSeme Street
Phone: 012-431-4000 / 031-305-7600 (from the U.S.: +27 12-431-4000 / +27 31-305-7600
After-hours emergencies: 079-111-1445 (from the U.S.: +27 79-111-1445)
If you received this email, it means that you already enrolled in STEP. Please help us to spread this message and remind all U.S. citizens in South Africa to enroll in the program so that they too can receive the most up to date security and health information. Want to unsubscribe? Click here.
Did someone forward you this email? Enroll yourself in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive health and security updates and to ensure the State Department can locate you in an emergency.
Benefits of Enrolling in STEP:
- Receive important information from the U.S. State Department about conditions in South Africa, helping you make informed decisions.
- Help the State Department contact you in an emergency, whether natural disaster, civil unrest, or family emergency.
- Help family and friends get in touch with you in an emergency.