Location: From Westlake Drive then via Steenberg Road to Orpen Road to Spaanchmat Road, stopping at Alphen House Center, and then return to Westlake Drive following the same route.
Event: On June 4 between 10:00 AM and 2:00 PM, up to 500 members of the Westlake Community plan to march to the Alphen House Center to address local issues with municipal officials in regards to the Westlake informal settlement. The route passes by Westlake Lifestyle Center, U.S. Consulate General Cape Town, Steenberg Village, Reddam School, and Constantia Village Mall.
The Consulate will be open during normal business hours.
Actions to Take:
- · Avoid demonstrations.
- · Exercise caution if unexpectedly in the vicinity of large gatherings or protests.
- · Monitor local media for updates.
- · Keep a low profile.
- United States Embassy to the Republic of South Africa
(Note: The Embassy does not provide consular services)
877 Pretorius Street
Tel: 012-431-4000 (outside South Africa: +27-12-431-4000)
- United States Consulate General, Johannesburg
(Covering Gauteng, Mpumalanga, Limpopo, North West, and Free State provinces)
1 Sandton Drive (corner of Rivonia and Sandton Drive)
Tel: 011-290-3000 (outside South Africa: +27-11-290-3000)
After-hours emergencies: 079-111-1684 (outside South Africa: +27-79-111-1684)
- United States Consulate General, Durban
(Covering KwaZulu-Natal Province)
Delta Towers, 31st floor
303 Dr. Pixley KaSeme Street
Tel: 031-305-7600 (outside South Africa +27-31-305-7600)
After-hours emergencies: 079-111-1445 (outside South Africa +27-79-111-1445)
- United States Consulate General, Cape Town
(Covering Western Cape, Eastern Cape, and Northern Cape provinces)
2 Reddam Avenue
Tokai, Cape Town
Tel: 021-702-7300 (outside South Africa: +27 21-702-7300)
After-hours emergencies: 079-111-0391 (outside South Africa: +27-79-111-0391)
- State Department – Consular Affairs
1-888-407-4747 or 1-202-501-4444
- South Africa Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter