Demonstration Alert – U. S. Consulate General Cape Town, South Africa (April 19, 2018)
Location: Near the Reddam Avenue entrance of the U.S. Consulate General, Cape Town
Event: On April 19 between 11:00am and 1:00pm, members of the South African Communist Party plan to gather outside of the U.S. Consulate General on Reddam Avenue. Demonstrators are protesting against U.S. alleged interference in Venezuelan internal matters.
The Consulate will be open during normal business hours.
Actions to Take:
- Avoid the areas of the demonstrations.
- Exercise caution if unexpectedly in the vicinity of large gatherings or protests.
- Monitor local media for updates.
- Keep a low profile.
- United States Embassy to the Republic of South Africa
(Note: The Embassy does not provide consular services)
877 Pretorius Street
Tel: 012-431-4000 (outside South Africa: +27-12-431-4000)
- United States Consulate General, Johannesburg
(Covering Gauteng, Mpumalanga, Limpopo, North West, and Free State provinces)
1 Sandton Drive (cornerof Rivonia and Sandton Drive)
Tel: 011-290-3000 (outside South Africa: +27-11-290-3000)
After-hours emergencies: 079-111-1684 (outside South Africa: +27-79-111-1684)
- United States Consulate General, Durban
(Covering KwaZulu-Natal Province)
Delta Towers, 31st floor
303 Dr. Pixley KaSeme Street
Tel: 031-305-7600 (outside South Africa +27-31-305-7600)
After-hours emergencies: 079-111-1445 (outside South Africa +27-79-111-1445)
- United States Consulate General, Cape Town
(Covering Western Cape, Eastern Cape, and Northern Cape provinces)
2 Reddam Avenue
Tokai, Cape Town
Tel: 021-702-7300 (outside South Africa: +27 21-702-7300)
After-hours emergencies: 079-111-0391 (outside South Africa: +27-79-111-0391)
- State Department – Consular Affairs 1-888-407-4747 or 1-202-501-4444
- South Africa Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP)to receive security updates
- Follow us on Facebookand Twitter