There are multiple opportunities for program innovations focused on Adolescent Girls and Young Women (AGYW). On 26-27 October 2016, the South African Government and PEPFAR hosted a dissemination meeting to provide national, provincial, district teams and academic and development partners an opportunity to showcase innovations, best practices and lessons learned that will help achieve the goal of reducing HIV infection among AGYW in priority areas within South Africa.
Specific areas of interest in the meeting include:
- AGYW Risk and Vulnerability
- South Africa’s Response to the HIV Risk in AGYW
- Sexual and Reproductive Health Interventions Targeting AGYW
- Social Protection, PrEP, and GBV Interventions Focused on AGYW
- Youth Clubs and Parenting Interventions
- Innovative Technology and Monitoring and Evaluation for AGYW Programs
- Community Dialogue with AGYW members from local Youth Clubs
This program was planned in conjunction with PEPFAR and DREAMS partners, She Conquers, the South African National Department of Health, Department of Education and Department of Social Development.